P.D. Hook Group Ltd is dedicated to the supply of excellent quality fresh poultry products as an integral part of the United Kingdom food supply system.
We recognise our corporate and social responsibility to ensure that activities associated with the P.D. Hook Group do not have a significant adverse impact upon the environment or welfare of staff and contractors that we interact with. We are fully committed to protecting the environment and workplace to ensure a safe environment for everyone. We continue to work towards improving environmental performance and identifying and adopting sustainable work practices across all our businesses’ activities.
- P.D. Hook Chickens & Turkeys are bred, hatched and grown throughout England, Scotland & Wales in accordance with controls imposed by the Red Tractor Assurance Scheme, and in many cases the Environmental Permitting Regulations (EPR). All facilities falling under the EPR regulations are regularly inspected by the the Environment Agency (EA) in England, the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA) in Scotland and Natural Resources Wales (NRW) in Wales.
- We implement Best Available Techniques (BAT) and adhere to an Environmental Management Systems (EMS) that is regularly reviewed to ensure compliance with all legal commitments and obligations
Workplace/ Employee Health and Safety
- We treat all staff with respect, offering ongoing training and support. Employees will undergo an extensive Induction programme and frequent Appraisals to enable them to have a voice. We are currently Disability Confident Level 2 working towards Level 3. Staff undergo Modern Slavery training and our Statement has been uploaded onto our site to ensure that everyone is aware of our commitment to employees and contractors.
- We take H&S seriously and are working towards reducing accidents in the workplace. Accidents are discussed monthly and a table outlining monthly accidents is sent to staff to raise awareness for avoidance of further similar incidents.
Sourcing/ Supply Chains
- We operate an Approved Supplier Scheme to ensure that our supply chain carries relevant documentation to work safely on our sites. We are also a member of SEDEX and undergo audits every 2 years.
- We are aware of the impact of farming on the local community and ensure that we work within local laws and restrictions.